Friday, July 4, 2008

4 day workweek

My life isn't really that interesting these days, but I thought I'd share some sort of update to tide you over until something more insightful comes along...

This week marked the first of 6 four-day workweeks. This week happened to be one of them because of our nation's 232nd birthday (thanks JR for the correction - I originally put 332), but the next 5 weeks I'll be condensing 5 days of work into 4. My work is doing this in a effort to save energy for both them and their employees.

I've never done this before, so I'm interested in how this is going to work out. Am I going to be so tired and burnt out after 4 days that I'll need an entire day to recover? Or am I going to have a relaxed, but productive day off?

The plan is to have this "trial" 5 week run and then everyone will give their feedback. If it turns out well, maybe next year they'll implement it for the whole summer.

2 comments:

JR Miller said...

how crazy!!! i had no clue both of our country's celebrate their birthdays on the same day.

the country i live in is celebrating its 232nd birthday.

what a small world...

;-)

Joel said...

Yeah...uhh...the country of typoland? Hmmm. Whoops.