Friday, December 5, 2008

Muh Muh Muh Myyyyyy Corolla

My car has caused me a great deal of emotional pain since I bought it back in January. Now it has taken a turn for the worst.

I was driving home from work today, and about halfway home, I began feeling a lot of push back and struggling from my accelerator. I was still a few miles away from an exit, so I dropped down to about 55 until I could get off. I did a quick check around the car, checked the oil, nothing blatantly obvious. I drove the rest of the way home via backroads, and every couple minutes, my car continued to shake, putt, and struggle to accelerate.


Early indications show that my car has one of the following issues:
- Bad spark plugs (least likely - replaced those a couple months ago)
- Clogged fuel filter (not likely)
- One of my pistons, rings, or cylinders completely took a dump (more likely)
- Blown head gasket (most likely)


I'm bringing my car to a shop on Monday to have a compression test done and assess the damage from there. I have one and a half years (at minimum) worth of car payments left. I have no idea how I'm going to pay for the potential thousands of dollars in repairs. I can't afford another car and make two car payments.


I would like to request one or more of the following from you:


-Please pray that I would trust in God's sovereignty over the situation, and that He would provide for the potential costs involved.
-The name of a mechanic who is willing to do the necessary work as close to the cost of parts as possible.
-Advice


Thanks.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Will definitely pray for you coz. Not sure on the advice. I know the head gasket blew on my Civic back in '04 but we blew the engine in it and we weren't going to bother repairing it. Were down to one car for 6 months until we saved enough to buy another car. Do you and Heather work in a similar enough area to do something like that?

Lisa said...

Oh! Andrew just told me that he paid 200-300 about 6 years ago in a Ford Exploder, ummm Explorer I mean, for a head gasket. So if it is that....it may be not too bad, other than the frustration of having a car wig out on you.