Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mexico

Most of you have heard about this already, but I want to share just in case some of you haven't.

I'm leaving on Saturday for Monterrey, Mexico and will be there for a week. I'm going with a group from Riverview who is partnering with Back2Back ministries. I'll be staying at the B2B campus and although I don't know all the specifics, I'll mostly be helping with construction projects and traveling to (some or all of) the ten orphanages in the area.

I've only traveled out of the U.S. a couple times, and that was just to Canada. I've never been in a third world country or a place where the majority of the people don't speak English. I've also never been to a place that hot (average temperature next week is 100 with lots of humidity). I'll be forced out of this comfortable shell that I've lived in for so long. However, none of these concerns will stop me from going. I am convinced that God wants me to be there. So far, He has lined up everything so that I'm able to go (fundraising, time off from work, etc), and I hope and pray that He will use me to make a difference and change lives down there. I ask that you pray those same things as well. Also pray that our team will stay safe, healthy, and be able to work together for God's purposes there.

When I get back, I hope to share a little about the trip along with some pictures and possibly a video. Thanks for your prayers and support thus far.

No comments: