Monday, May 26, 2008

Dancin' like a fool

Most of you have probably heard of this cheesy phrase at some point in your life:

"Love like you've never been hurt, Dance like no one is watching, Sing like no one is listening."

Whether I like it or not, I follow the part about dancing to a T. I'm not a good dancer. Not even close. In fact, I make this person look good:



I consider myself to be a fairly decent at DDR, and people tell I play drums really well. So why the bad dancing? I feel that my common sense level is a little lower than most people, which means that for many things in life, I can't just do something I've never done unless it has first been demonstrated by someone else. For example, I didn't know how to mow the lawn, tie a tie, or change the oil on my first car until my dad showed me. I didn't know how to efficiently paint a wall until someone with painting experience showed me. So until I get dance lessons (which I have no desire of paying for), I will continue my awkward, avant garde style dancing. Apparently it's quite entertaining for the people that have seen it.

Thanks to YouTube, I should be able to perform the Cha Cha Slide in time for the next wedding.

No comments: