Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wedding weekend #1

I had a good 4 day weekend.

Friday and Saturday were spent up in Cadillac.  Heather was a bridesmaid in her friend's wedding, and I got to watch...part of it.  We had a little miscommunication, or let me just say, I didn't realize my dress clothes weren't in my car until a half hour before the ceremony started.  So I had to rush to a clothing store to find some emergency dress clothes (which will be returned later) and as a result, I showed up 15 minutes late to the wedding.  5 minutes after I arrived, the wedding was over.  It was shortest wedding I've ever been to.  

The rest of the weekend was great.  Heather got to spend time away from school, both physically and mentally.  Anytime she's not stressed out, I also feel less stressed.  I think I try to bear some of her stress, whether it works or not.

Anyway, we got to spend time together and on Monday, were able to get caught up on stuff that had been neglected.  For Heather, it was school stuff.  For me, it was working on the yard and taking my car into the shop to get an alignment.

Yesterday, however, I got hit by a truckload of emails, meetings, and work orders when I went back to work.  I still haven't been able to dig myself out.  Oh well - the 4 day weekend was worth it.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Didn't you forget clothes for the First/Derby wedding also?

Joel said...

I did. For each of our 3 subsequent weddings, we triple-checked that we had all our clothes.